Spring is here and summer is coming! But are your sunglasses ready to face the bright days ahead? Take this quiz and find out if it’s time for an update:
1. When you look through your sunglasses do you see everything as crystal clear?
2. Does the tinting on your lenses relieve your eyes to the point where you don’t have to squint?
3. When you flip your glasses over and exam the lenses, are they free from scratches or nicks?
4. Do the temples smoothly open and close when putting your frames away?
5. Did you purchase your sunglasses from a licensed optical retailer and not from a clothing or box store retailer?
6. Have you owned the sunglasses for less than four years?
If you answered no to three or more of these questions, it is definitely time for you to do a sunglass update.
There’s no time like the present. You’ll want to get your new sunglasses before the summer sneaks up on you!
You see: Sunglasses aren’t just a fashion accessory. They are important to your eye health. If your lenses are scratched, your tint faded, or if your frame is falling apart, your sunglasses won’t be able to do their job to protect your eye’s from the sun’s harmful UVA/UVB rays.
You also need a pair of sunglasses with ophthalmic quality lenses. The lenses in the sunglasses purchased at department stores may look like they’d be effective against the sun, but aren’t going to offer you the same type of protection.
Finally, you need a pair of sunglasses that fit you well. You don’t want to spend every other minute of your romantic walk down the beach pushing your sunglasses back up your nose. Nor do you want that temple (earpiece) that’s been hanging on by a thread to suddenly come off on your way into the waterpark. You need a frame that is durable and built to withstand all the fun summer throws at you.
Oh, and there may be one other really solid reason why you should consider a new pair (or two) of sunglasses this year. If you had them for a few years, they just may be out of style. Sunglass trends come and go of course, but you can choose styles that have a classic aura while adding a bit of a modern twist.
Check out these two, gorgeous new sunglass frames!